HybridZ

Optima Batt. Mount

jaime240z

Guest zphreek

what i did, was get a piece of galvanized sheet metal and traced the outline of the battery on it. then i cut it so that it had a 1 inch tab sticking out on every side which i then folded up. now i had a tray that i drilled a few holes and mounted right on top of the original battery tray that is in the car. then i got some lenghts of small tubing (approx 1/2 inch) and flattened one end, i welded two tubes on one side of the tray and one tune on the other side then welded nuts on all the tubes. then i had a tray with three tubes sticking up to the top of the battery. then i cut a triangular peice out of steel and drilled a hole in each corner so that i could run a bold down into each tube. presto! its actually a cheap copy of the one summit sells... :D

The Optima batteries will fit in the toolcompartment hole behind your passengerseat. You just gotta carefully grind off the edge that is cast into the batt. close to the bottom, and build a little shelf that will sit on the bottom of the compartment. By moving the battery to that location you get better weight distribution. If you go racing you might need to enclose it in a metal box and vent it to the outside. twak.gif

Thure