HybridZ

Injector noise

Sitting in the car at idle I hear what sounds like injector noise and it is loud. Walking around the car with a stethoscope and listening ot every part of the engine I hear the noise loudly coming from the fuel presure line. No where else. The injectors themselves are quiet and sound normal but the noise I am hearing is the same noise that the injector are making but much louder. Is the noise traveling through the fuel or is the fuel pipes echoing the injector noise or what? I had a noisy fuel pump on the car but now I have a really quiet one. It's out of a 84 BMW CSI 633. $10 at the wrecking yard and man what a difference. I had a 82 280zxt pump and it was loud. I think loud enough to cover up the injector noise that I now hear.

Anyone have any ideas?

I have a new stainless fuel line from the tank to the braided -6 line at the fuel rail. Could there be a problem there?

I have not checked for a stuck injector but if I had one how would I tell or check for it. The engine runs fine except the fuel economy is kind or low. 14.24 mpg

Nd all the injectors, by themselves, sound normal. The noise seems to be coming from the fuel line but it sounds like amplified injector noise.

I am going to try next, removing the braided steel line that connects the stainless fuel line to the fuel rail line and replacing it with a rubber line. Maybe by isolating the lines, I will narrow it down.

You can check injectors with a multimeter you should have 12v across each injector with the car on. Then turn it off and check their resistance, depending on the injector it should be around 10-12 ohms. You should get a good baseline after the first couple just look for any out of the base range.

If any are out of spec. try swapping it out with a known good one. Some times a 9v battery can get one to cycle as well just don't hold it on the leads for a long time and cycle it a few times.

Hope that helps.