HybridZ

Twin S.U. replacements?

KenshinX

Has anyone used this setup here on Hybridz? curious as to how badly it idles with increased fuel injectors and a semi built motor. (cam headers little head work etc.) Seems like it would be a nice alternative to carbs using megasquirt maybe?

I have a complete megasquirt setup catching dust in my shed and a few turbo parts and goodies thinking about putting them to use with a dual ITB turbo set up?? or maybe just a dual ITB setup? ha.

Any input would be helpful.

Videos and pics please.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/280Z-240Z-260Z-Twin-SU-Replacements-Fuel-Injection-EFI_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem25577c4374QQitemZ160381551476QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

This is one of three commercially developed alternatives to SU's that I know of currently for sale. Accurate Injection is a member here, and worked with site members in developing the Datsun Specific Stuff.

TWM makes SU throttle bodies, so you are on your own for linkages on that one.

Patton Machine makes some slick adapters (guy in France running them and has posted here as well) that convert the existing SU's to Injected TB's by removing the dome and installing the adapter---it utilizes GM TBI injectors that operate at 14psi, so no 'EFI' Hose is required with that kit (technically).

I have made my own SU conversion, and our idle was fine. For a Turbo, KISS and just use a single T/B...feeding two TB's on a plenum is more difficult than you would think in terms of equal airflow...

Z-YA made a fueling setup from twin Stock T/B's on an SU manifold, and made good power on it as well.

They work, it's all a matter of what you want to pay...

It seems to be a good price considering I already have megasquirt. especially with Ztherapy carbs and a set of triple webbers are also around the price range. I guess Ill look up Accurate injection and ask a few questions. I am really interested in the setup. Im curious as to how they sound.