HybridZ

AN fittings to gas tank

I am in the process of swapping my 78 over to carbs. I am pulling the fuel system out of my race car to accomplish this. Aeromotive requires a -8AN send and return line for the regulator to work properly. I'm assuming I'm going to have to poke holes in the stock tank to fit -AN fittings for the fuel lines. I want to keep the stock tank. Fuel cell is too much of a PITA. I don't know if the send and return lines from the stock tank are larger than -8 AN, so I'm assuming I am going to have to rig something up in the stock tank to accept AN fittings. Anyone ever done this? Got any pics?

for your return you could remove the stock return line, drill a hole and use a bulkhead 'an' fitting [if your hands aren't too big to reach a wrench to the inside nut to tighten], then it just 'dumps' into the tank. for the feed consider a steel an fitting and welding it to the stock feed line [obviously, tank empty of both fuel and vapors]. i purchased all my 'an' fittings from earls in cali.