HybridZ

2JZGTE wiring

MarkS30

no, i haven't bought an engine yet, but just wanted to know how tough this swap would really be. i dont have any questions getting the engine/trans in and mounted, thats half the battle, but i do have questions about getting it wired up and running.

i haven't really done anything this extensive on any of my previous project cars, so i really have to ask, from the pinout list below, aside from the sensors, what else needs to be wired up for the engine to run? if i get a front clip, do i need to use the fuel pump ecu? relay box? etc? how bout the injectors?

do i really only have to worry about the pinouts outlined below to graft into the 240Z's wiring harness?

toe1.jpg

toe2.jpg

my plan is to get a rear sump front clip, necessary for the S30, and go from there. basically i just want to know what has to be powered up and running for it to run in the Z.

thanks for any help,

-Mark

im not trying to be an ass but i seriously doubt anyone here is going to do your homework for you. someone just ask the same question not to long ago. HOW HARD IS IT TO SWAP 2JZ INTO A Z?

get an aristo clip and grab a sc300 rear sump from junkyard and save yourself some $$$.

visit supramania.com and they should have the main specific pinouts to supply power to. if you search around on there, they have it somewhere on the site.

• 2 weeks later...

Take a look at a supra wiring diagram first(I got a factory service manual from e-bay). All the important stuff is the same as the Aristo. The acc. may be different. If you get a motor from a JDM Aristo and factory wiring harness from aristo there is one plug that is different than the supra. Good luck finding pinout for this plug.You need to power the ignitor/coil through this plug. I started mine on a stand using no relays just switches with fuses. I suggest by-passing the clutch start cancel by using mometary switch direct to starting solenoid or through relay to solenoid and not through the ECU. Fuel system has seperate ECU. When ignitors are powered power the fuel pumps at the same time no need for this ecu. Its not really too hard to figure out. All the info is out there already.

Little agressive aren't you.:fmad: I never said anything about using USDM ECU . I did use the pinout for the USDM supra with the one exception on the odd shaped plug. Motor started and revved perfect. Turbos fuctioned properly as well. I was using a JDM ecu.

No offense was meant to you MIKE321. I hope the best for your wiring issues to be resolved on your project.:mrgreen:

Thats not me being aggressive.... Just tryn to save you some time.

Little agressive aren't you.:fmad: I never said anything about using USDM ECU . I did use the pinout for the USDM supra with the one exception on the odd shaped plug. Motor started and revved perfect. Turbos fuctioned properly as well. I was using a JDM ecu.

No offense was meant to you MIKE321. I hope the best for your wiring issues to be resolved on your project.:mrgreen: