HybridZ

Minimum fuel level on 280Z?

Are there any known issues on the 280Z as far as minimum fuel level? I've replaced the inline pump and it isn't pulling fuel. Checked the return inlet on the tank (lowest point) and it doesn't drain out, which is pretty odd.

Under the assumption that the tank was bone dry, I put 3 gallons in it... but still no joy. Now, it's possible that 3gal is still under the pickup point but I wanted to verify before I start pulling more bits off the car tomorrow.

Thanks!

That shouldn't be the issue. When I was doing my turbo swap this summer I drained the tank and filled it with about one gallon when I started it back up.

Do you have a Factory Service Manual to double check that all the hoses and everything are hooked up properly?

• Administrators

Now, it's possible that 3gal is still under the pickup point but I wanted to verify before I start pulling more bits off the car tomorrow.

Nope, 3 gal. is plenty. The only time I've seen this type of behavior is a plugged tank.

Here's a recent example...

PluggedTank.jpg

Notice the circled areas. No water coming from the fuel supply nipple. In this case, the owner had the tank cleaned and coated. The coating failed and clogged up the pick up tube.