HybridZ

Warning about motor oils!

JKDGabe

I've heard bad stuff about all those additives over the years. I have been using Amsoil in my cars for a few years now and it is the best out there. Long drain intervals and more protection are a few of the benefits. I put Amsoil oil into my 240Z last week and am going to put the gear lube into the tranny and diff today. I am finally getting it back on the road, I haven't used it much since I bought it. cry2.gif A couple of my friends at work have been using it too. One of them just put Amsoil into his 2003 Suzuki Hayabusa (motorcycle oil) and the other one put it into his 2003 VW GTI 337 turbo, both after break-in, and they felt the difference right away. I am not a dealer, I just have a preferred customer membership to get the discounts. By no means am I trying to push it on anyone, but I do recommend it. 2thumbs.gif

Marcos

Guest Anonymous

heard bad things about additives in shifty.gif 10/40 oil. Took a 1500 mile trip on fresh 10/40 in old car and burnt 6 quarts. Changed to hail.gif 30 weight of same brand for the return 1500 miles and burnt one quart 2thumbs.gifcoollook.gif .Since I do not live at the North Pole and daily commute to the Equator I use 30 weight Dello 400. Seems to work for thee long haul. burnout.gif

Whoever blindly belives a manufacturer's claims about their products without seeing independent verification is pretty naive.

Not everyone who tries to sell you something is going to lie to you, but many of them will. If they don't cite the results of an impartial independent third party testing facility in their ads, they're probably lying. Trust companies (and people) that are open and honest, and don't act like they're hiding something.

One more thing: If any of these additives really increased mileage, why wouldn't car makers put them in their cars to help them both achieve their CAFE requirements and sell more cars? That would be the cheapest way to increase market share, wouldn't it?

If it's too good to be true...