HybridZ

Nissan's 1998 240z restoration program

hey guys quick question.. The 1998 program where nissan bought and professionally restored the z's was sold off at the dealers. How many was there exactly? Also WHO HERE on Hybridz has one of those restored Z's.?

I was wondering because I happened to come across a nice looking orange z [240 or 260] in the junk yard today. As I looked inside the engine bay, I found this little metal sticker thing saying [REMANUFACTURED] on the block with a few numbers.. I was suprised by this, because I have never seen this before. Im guessing it was part of the 1998 program?

hey guys quick question.. The 1998 program where nissan bought and professionally restored the z's was sold off at the dealers. How many was there exactly? Also WHO HERE on Hybridz has one of those restored Z's.?

I was wondering because I happened to come across a nice looking orange z [240 or 260] in the junk yard today. As I looked inside the engine bay, I found this little metal sticker thing saying [REMANUFACTURED] on the block with a few numbers.. I was suprised by this, because I have never seen this before. Im guessing it was part of the 1998 program?

It had a remanufactured engine.

An engine remanufaturing company, such as Spartan Engines for instace, usually will tag their motors with a "Reman" sticker and an ID number.

It's doubtful you'd see one of the Nissan Restored 240's in a junkyard unless it had been in a serious wreck.

Also, a Nissan Restored 240 would not have a "Remanufactured" sticker on the block. The only tags I remember seeing on them was a Gold Plate on the Center console below the Radio that read's something to the effect of "197X 240Z, Restored by Nissan, 1998" and then a few other things. I dont remember the exact wording but it was something along those lines.

If memory serves, the new owner was also given a signed certificate of Restoration with the Vehicles VIN, Similar to what owners of Nismo 350Z and 370Z's receive with their cars.

*EDIT*

PLEASE also be aware that there is a difference between the 1998 Nissan Restoration Project, and the 1998-2000 Dealer restorations.

Because of the Nissan restoration project, there were some dealers who did some independent restorations on 240Z's to try to cash in since the number of official cars was to be limited. They were NOT official Nissan Restored cars, and are NOT worth the amount that the official cars are. They usually do not have any documentation, and with out documentation, they do not hold ANY extra value over a regular 240Z.

I Recently saw one for sale in Dallas that was a 1998 Dealer restoration, but not an official Nissan Restoration, so be careful as they do pop up on Craigslist and eBay from time to time.

Aww nice find, i recently when to all the pick n pulls in the bay area and did not see anything nice or earlier than a late model 280z. which yard did you find it at?

Fresno CA bro, pick and pull on jensen and golden state right off of highway 99. body looks good to me, interior might need work tho. I also found a 280zx turbo but I was too late to have came up on it.

• 3 weeks later...
You think its possible to find one of these any where or does someone know where one is?

They are out there. I believe one well kept example was for sale last year. I seem to remember a thread on some Z forum with members commenting on how expensive the asking price seemed.

You also might want to contact this guy. I think he has a few:

http://nyzcc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=405

I thought also the 240s came fuel injected and not with SUs.

Please tell me this is a joke.:rolleyesg