HybridZ

83 zx gl v8 no start no fuel sbc ,th350 jtr kit

I have been drivin my car with no problems for 2 weeks now no fuel ,first- yes it has gas .second- i have mech fuel pump and when disconnected from car and turn engine over it does pulseate with my finger on the end of it so pump is good.Next, i thought it was carb so i rebuilt that. I have the stock fuel pump electric unplugged because it would have too much fuel pressure if i used it ,unless i use a regulator. The mech pump was pulling fuel strait thru the stock pump why not now? Also new filter, and i just pulled it off and checked it also.please help i want to drive my car

It's just a process of elimination. My first thought would be fire up the electric and see if it's pulling fuel out of the tank. You could have an in tank screen that's stopped up, I'm not familiar with the ZX's. Next would be bypass the electric pump, maybe it's got restricted somehow.

Edit: You might also try blowing air back thru the line into the tank to see if it clears the restriction.

jt

I have not checked the relays but there not hooked up. I blew into the vent and return line shot out fuel, next i will bypass the fuel pump the electric one. Sucks a v8 i want to drive so badd i can taste it.Well i smell like gas for now anyway. Should i upgrade size of fuel lines has anybody else?I plugged elctric one back up but did not work because ecu not there anymore.