HybridZ

flea market find

• 2 weeks later...
an air plane ? wow! I used to go every Saturday to flee markets or garages sales Junk yards and found good things, I need to do that again.
I don`t know if the s30 engine was used on airplanes. All i know that its a sure fit on the inline 6. Maybe someone here would know if the Z engine was used for airplanes.

Actually only the Prototype Mitsubishi A6M Zero-sen had a Mitsubishi engine (760hp), Production models had a larger 14 cylinder twin row (two circles of 7 cylinders) Nakajima Sakae type 12 with 950 Hp, later a Nakajima Sakae type 21 with 980Hp.

Putting that in perspective... RIPS had more power bolted into his Z's engine bay, and now his Rail than the Zero fighter had! with a bit less than half the cylinders and a LOT less displacement :P

Actually only the Prototype Mitsubishi A6M Zero-sen had a Mitsubishi engine (760hp), Production models had a larger 14 cylinder twin row (two circles of 7 cylinders) Nakajima Sakae type 12 with 950 Hp, later a Nakajima Sakae type 21 with 980Hp.

Putting that in perspective... RIPS had more power bolted into his Z's engine bay, and now his Rail than the Zero fighter had! with a bit less than half the cylinders and a LOT less displacement :P

Thanks for the brief lesson on the zero fighters. You sure have a knowledge of war planes. Q; were the corsairs the ultimate fighter planes?