HybridZ

Project 2JZED

Well this thread is just going to document my little project. The plan is for a single turbo 2JZ with a R154 5 Speed blah blah blah. I bought the CA rust free 240z for $800 and have stripped it bare. The chassis is now media blasted and primered. Here some pics so far...

SDC10008.jpg

SDC10009.jpg

SDC10010.jpg

SDC10019.jpg

SDC10013.jpg

SDC10012.jpg

SDC10011.jpg

SDC10001.jpg

Pics of the blasting will be up soon. Up next is getting it on the rotisserie, bad dog frame rails, and some body work....

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

Here is the Z back from the media blasters with a bake on primer. It was awesome to get it back with no rust to be repaired. They did a great job and I will be ending them more business for sure. the last picture is it sitting on some 19's that belong to my Audi S4. Next is the Z getting on the rotisserie to begin the welding...

Here is the Z on the rotisserie. There was ALOT of media trapped in the body of the Z, but the rotisserie helped tremendously in getting it all out. Spinning it around a couple times got the majority out and the rest was sucked out with a shop vac. Next is welding in the sub frame connectors....

SDC10026.jpg

SDC10025.jpg

SDC10024.jpg

• 10 months later...