HybridZ

electric fan : thermocouple vs. painless wiring kit

fl327

i have a new electric fan setup i wanted to run to work so that it would come on at 200 or so shut off at 180-5 like a factory car, and ive run into two options, the copper thermocouler probe setup or the painless wiring kit that uses the temp switch that threads into block or thermostat housing. now the kit in jegs for the theromcouple is 17.99 or so, and the painless is 60.00, which is a lot of money, so im looking at the copper thermocouple, im wondering what peoples expereinces have been with these systems and how they have setup either one, im wondering more about the copper probe that goes into the fins because i already can get my hands on one for a good price, but that painless stuff just looks so dang good!!!!! anyone with some experiences to share?

thanx guys.

I have the kit made by flex-a-lite with the probe and adjustable knob. This kit is pretty bad. I would not recommend it. I have to re-adjust the temp. knob every other day. It just won't hold a setting for some reason.

However, I've always been pleased with painless products. I've never used their electric fan kit, but I would buy their's over the flex-a-lite kit.

Just my $.02

Guest Anonymous

yo Jaime240z get rid of the sender mount that came in the box and use a zip tie

i too went nuts with a set up like you have

the zip tie fix works well for me

When I got my painless kit I couldn't get it to turn the fan on for the life of me. I finally found out the thermo switch was bad. I got mine from perma-cool(I think). After a meeting with the speedshop in my area I got ahold of Summit, which supplied the speedshop with the same kit. Summit sent me out another thermo switch free of charge even though I didn't by it from them. Everything worked perfect after that. My $.02