HybridZ

Blower output sucks on S130...need suggestions!

nosebleedZ

Since I first bought my 280zx in '97, the blower/ vent pressure has always been dismal :fmad:! Well during the ground up show/ track car resto, I have tried several methods of making the blower system better.

#1- deleted what was left of cancered out A/C system & removed the evaporator core & replumbed it w/ 4" flexible ducting (lessen restrictions)

#2- with the dash removed, sealed every possible leak point w/ aluminum HVAC tape

#3- made a $100 paper weight out of the crapola, double crooked falice, zx heater control valve & replaced it with a GM linear door lock actuator connected to the upper blend door with an 8 position multi travel switch- awesome mod!

#4- rechecked & sniffed the factory vacuum diagrams to the climate control head unit from vac diaphrams, per FSM

#5- changed the blower motor, resistor, & controller, harness, amplifier w/ new parts- not cheap!!!!!!!!!!

#6- cleaned the system inlet of leaves, chestnuts, & bird terds from 30 years ago & replaced weatherstrip to the body

#7- got so pissed off @ the output after this, I did the Big-Phil civic blower upgrade- worked w/ redrilling a mounting hole, but noisy as a cat getting smacked w/ a 2 X 4 above half speed, output still sucks......

Please, I pray to God, how can I get air in my sweaty &/or frozen nostrils from 18 inches away in these cars? I really don't have anyone's car to compare it to, since most zx's here in TN are rotten, I have everything the way I always dreamed on this zx project, except the HVAC. Guys, help me avoid Vintage Air! My ego & wallet really can't take it.....