HybridZ

fuel cell pictures

moerex

speaking of this, does anyone know where a thread is on how to install one? not like mount it. but to hook up all the fittings, and what fittings to buy. and would i need to buy a new fuel pump? i got a 10gal RCI cell at a great price, compared to online retailers. but i dont know how to hook it up =[

well i understand that i need a -8 fitting. but i just dont know how to hook that up to the fuel pump.

but i dont know how to hook it up =[

You might be on the wrong forum mate. If you need help with specifics then ask specific questions. If it is a question like, "How do I rebuild my car" or "How do I plumb in a Fuel Cell" then you are going to get ignored.

Jumpman; you are on the right forum, but you need to post specifics on your car before we can answer anything. A simple description of your car's intake and fuel system would help.

Fuel is very dangerous. It also has a way of spreading around before it ignites and engulfs the entire car. Don't get too creative with plumbing. Stick to factory type fittings and use high-pressure-rated, fuel-injection hose for electronic-injection type systems. If you are replumbing the entire car, then there are some specifics to discuss.

For Morex; You have quite a job ahead of you. The old lines are often rusty and unsafe near the battery area. The factory steel lines are relatively small, the return and vent lines are way too small IMO. If you want to use a surge tank you need to replace hardline-plumbing for sure. The filler neck is hard to replace without modifying the exterior bodywork, or resorting to opening up the rear hatch for refills. Safety requires that the tank be behind a bulkhead and removed from the driver's compartment somehow.

Jumpman; you are on the right forum, but you need to post specifics on your car before we can answer anything. A simple description of your car's intake and fuel system would help.

Fuel is very dangerous. It also has a way of spreading around before it ignites and engulfs the entire car. Don't get too creative with plumbing. Stick to factory type fittings and use high-pressure-rated, fuel-injection hose for electronic-injection type systems. If you are replumbing the entire car, then there are some specifics to discuss.

okay cool, well i just need to figure some other stuff out before i get to the fuel cell, my car still isnt even running =[ but thanks for the help!