HybridZ

my Z, Cheap paint. Homemade Strut bar

The rattle can job is tits! :2thumbs: The home made strut tower bar seems a little iffy to me though, I coulda swore i heard someone say something about the strut towers in s30's twisting and not moving in and out.

hmmm twisting never occured to me.....:-(

how to counteract that? roll cage and tie the tower in?

I applaud you for your DIY style mentality. Usually form and functionality come at a price, and making things out of scrap can get the job done (for the most part) on a budget. In the JTR book, thats exactly what they did for the front strut tower brace.

I would suggest doing a quick spray paint job to the brace in the meantime and putting back on your shock tower covers. Your new brace might be functional, but you have to admit its not pretty. Perhaps you can also look into the rustoleum DIY paint job as well. $100-150 in supplies and your own labor has given some descent results on this forum.

I applaud you for your DIY style mentality. Usually form and functionality come at a price, and making things out of scrap can get the job done (for the most part) on a budget. In the JTR book, thats exactly what they did for the front strut tower brace.

I would suggest doing a quick spray paint job to the brace in the meantime and putting back on your shock tower covers. Your new brace might be functional, but you have to admit its not pretty. Perhaps you can also look into the rustoleum DIY paint job as well. $100-150 in supplies and your own labor has given some descent results on this forum.

:mrgreen:its painted up now... but the previous owner broke the covers( i found them in the spare tire area after buying the car) They where brittle so i can understand why they ended up there.... i thought about glueing them but there was too many small pieces.....im gonna make some.... i already got a plan for them... i might get some sound deadening and carpet to even out the look in the car as a whole, too