HybridZ

Backyard airdam...

Guest Frank280z

Guest Frank280z

I'm thinking of making my own style of an airdam. Maybe use styrofoam first. Then layer the fiberglass matt over that. It would be a lot af work. Not to mention messy. But it might be worth it. Any input on building this thing??

Frank280z

Guest Frank280z

I've worked with the fiber b4.But never on a project that would be of this size. Yeah it's really messy. I use rubber gloves. Just wanted to make a very unique "one and only piece". Frank

Guest Anonymous

Stay away from Mat...it is crap and is impossible to get into any small curvature. You will want to mold with epoxy resin and multiple layers of light 'glass cloth. I have made a bunch of one-off pieces and my car will be getting 10 or so custom parts...I stay as far away from polyester resin and autobody fiberglass as possible. Only use marine grade products...they are far superior to anything you woudl pick up in the auto-body section of the local auto retailer. Epoxy costs between $60-$80/gal and you shoudl be paying no less than $4.00/sq yd for cloth. Use blue insulation foam to make the mold and after the laminates have cured cut the majority of the foam out and melt the rest with acetone.

SpencZ

MonsterZ Cont.