HybridZ

vg30 problems need some new ideas

ok this is a 94 d21 pickup and i swaped a 1995 pathfinder vg30e in about 80 miles ago. b4 i took it out it ran and drove great. after swap it ran OK for that 80 miles lacking a little power but it was just a bad coil wire.

now engine runs clean at idle and through all rps with light throttle. with 1/3 throttle and up engine starts cutting out at 2800 rpm with no load.

no dtc

things i replaced

ign coil, ign resistor, ign transistor, plugs, wires, cap rotor, cps/distributor,

tps, mafs,

egr checked out fine

all vac lines are good

checked most of the wires continuity all grounds i found are good

all new fuel lines no kinks or loss of pressure, new filter. regulator seems to be working but i have not pressure tested it yet.

ecm is not in safe mode, i manually put it in safe mode and got a very different feeling of the engine cutting out.

i did not test the o2 yet or the knock sensor . you would think that would store a code in the memory.

spark plugs are burning clean. me and some others all can agree this is not internal

you've checked the fuel pressure? Crappy old fuel injectors will make a engine run like dirt. I got mine rebuilt and it was like a new engine. Just a though, I guess check the ohms on them if you haven't. Other than fuel pressure, and maybe cam timing? I have a ls400 right now that idles fine but doesn't have any power, someone told me its the timing but who knows.

Vg's can have some weird issues.