HybridZ

I think i understand pinion angle but I want to be sure.

Guest TurboHatch

Guest TurboHatch

Ok I am feeling a little vibration in the car, so I put the car up on jack stands and measured the angle of the trans and the diff, now granted the car wasnt 100% level but here is what I had, the tranny was angled down 2 degrees and the diff was angled up almost 4. If i understand correctly this is why i was getting vibrations, so I put 4 or 5 washers between the diff and the mount and lowered the nose some, If i understand correctly i want the diff to end up at +2 so its equal to the trannys -2 correct? if im wrong then what do I want the diff set to with the trans at -2? i spent all day reading every pinion guide on here and google so please dont post another guide just tell me what to set the diff to with the trans at -2, thanks :)

Guest TurboHatch

Yeah plus since the v8 motor mounts and the rear end mount are all custom made its hard to tell if if aligns up as you said. aside from eye balling it how do you tell?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TurboHatch

I wanted to update this thread, after messing with pinion angle for ever and still having some mild vibration i decided to have the driveshaft checked, It turns out it was 12 grams out of balance and the run out was slightly off, after having it fixed i now have no vibration. my current up and down pinion is 2 degree down on tranny and 3 degree up on pinion and the side to side is slightly off as well but not much and i cant measure it, however i have no vibration up to as far as i tested which was 135 mph.