HybridZ

What is this???

Really? First there are fusible links, under that is a external voltage regulator for you alternator. you need both, you can replace the fusible links with MAXI-Fuse (ideal) and then you can replace your alternator with a 240sx one or a 280zx or zxt (I used the ZXT 70 amp internal regulator) If you do a bit of searching you will learn alot.

Thanks. So can I remove it??

no, you can't. let me get the thread how to upgrade them though, those fusible links control alot of important wiring, on my 280z I have two of those boxes that control

Alternator

Ignition

fuel injection/ignition/spark

headlight relay.

on your 75 it is different.

it controls your

Ignition

alternator/ignition

http://www.atlanticz.ca/zclub/techtips/fusiblelinks/index.html

there is a link to an easy upgrade that will save you ALOT ALOT ALOT of stress with your Z.

Thanks man. I'm gonna look a little deeper into that in a little bit.

yeah its really easy to do actually, I give you a summed up version.

There will be 4 wires for your blocks (color White W/Red)

you will see one of the Red/white's going to your starter, you will peel back the wiring harness and follow that to the fuse block, then remove it.

Go to Walmart buy a schosche fuse block and get 50A fuses.

Take a 4 or 6 Gauge wire and have it go to the top of the new fuse block, and then have it attach to the +Pos battery terminal on the starter.

then take the other two wires and attach them to the other side of the new fuse block, then your clean sailing without having to stress over these ancient wiring blocks.

On the other hand that motor is for sale. The complete swap. Not trying to make this a FS thread or anything just putting it out there. If anybody else has a way they eliminated those things please post it up. Thanks in advance.

there is no way to completely eliminate them, just different variations of the same thing I told you.

Complete motor specs?