HybridZ

window/door trim/seals

Guest Anonymous

Someone on one of the Z lists said to get some seals like you put in storm windows and staple them to the existing dried out rubbers on the outer window/door trim. I bought some that looks like it'd work, but it's a light gray. I was going to try to mount it so that it's not seen from outside the car, below the top edge of the original rubber.

I'm thinking about just biting the bullet and spending the money on the stock replacements though. I don't know if it's worth the trouble to try the method above. My time is worth something, I'm told.

------------------

Pete Paraska - 73 540Z - Marathon Z Project - pparaska@home.com">pparaska@home.com -

Guest Fast Frog

Depending upon whether you have a 240Z or a 280Z. The chrome/rubber trim on the outside at the bottom of the window is the same for all the 1st generation Zs. It runs about $55-$60. The top of the door/window rubber that fits under the drip gutter on the 280Z only is about$25 each. The complete weather stripping that encircles the door runs $110-$120 for each door on a 280Z. DON'T get the aftermarket weather stripping for the 240Z. It's a 2 piece mess!!! Get a 280Z weather stripping for a 240Z it fits almost perfectly-I restored a '72 by using the 280Z around the door opening weather stripping.

Rick

Guest Anonymous

Those little things are pretty expensive, aren't they?

My doors are rusted out because the rubber has dried out and pulled away from the glass, letting water drain into the door. I got a new pair of doors, but would like to not have that happen again.

Any options other than buyng them new for what, $50-60 each right?

------------------

Morgan

http://z31.com/~morgan/s30

http://carfiche.com