HybridZ

Help with part identification

I did a very stupid thing. I dropped a bolt and shorted out the little box on the firewall near the heater hoses. When I started the car and went for a test drive it got so hot that the wires glowed red and smoked! I thought I was going to burn the car down.

I've looked all over the FSM and I can't figure out what this little box does.

4310815264_9c3be2842c_o.jpg

Anyone know?

I guess at this point I have to unwrap the wiring harness and see how bad the damage is. I'm thinking that I should check my fusible links as well. I thought that they were supposed to burn out when a short like this happens. I've only had the car a couple of weeks. Still working out what the PO did to it.

Round top conversion, Can you elaborate a little? buddy of mine just picked up a set of SU's for his 260, to replace his hitachi's

I picked up a set from Ztherapy to replace my flat tops. I got them hooked up in a couple of hours. The car ran great (until the electrical thing). Pretty much plug and play. Do you have a specific question?

Round top conversion, Can you elaborate a little? buddy of mine just picked up a set of SU's for his 260, to replace his hitachi's

They are all SU's, they are all made by Hitachi. SOME SU's are made by Skinner's Union, but those are usually found on British cars. Not all flat tops are even that crappy, but any USDM ones (that haven't been gutted and re configured) pretty much are.