HybridZ

Z32 Rb25det swap V band and turbo question

RKLamb123

Hello Guys just trying to finish up my swap and I listen to a lot of you guys advice in getting it together. I still have not figure out what to do on the mounts yet, but I do have a rear sump pan and everything else right now. So I have a few questions to ask.

I got a deal on a GT42 the other day in very good shape. I was trying to get a Holset but the price on this Garrett was too good to pass up. So I am getting the garrett and with a I was looking to see if I could just find a

DP for it and I ran across that look good on EBay. The first is for a Supra and the second is a Universal with a flex head. I really want the Supra one because it is the whole DP with V-Band. If you look on the page do you think a DP with those measurement will fit in the bay of a Z with RB top mount or would you go with the Universal OBX.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110482307878&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170436549034&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Another question I had is the fact that I want to go with Nistune. Well the problem is my engine is out of a 97 Nissan Stagea and it had the R34 style ecu like the Neo. I was wondering if I could still use Nistune on it but use a R33 flash since the engine is really a R33 and not a R34. Someone suggest I just take the connector off of my old Z32 harness and repin my existing harness with it and use either a Z or R33 ecu. Not sure but I figure I would throw the question out.

Finally if there is anyone out there who knows which motor mounts have been used on a Z32 with a rear sump or 200zr pan other than the the 200zr mounts I would love to know. On one site they claim I could use the stock Z32, custom, or some mounts off of a ford. So all and any help would be greatly appreciated because next week I will be getting to work.

Oh also do suggest Z32 Maf or go with Map.

My goals are

Gt42 Turbo

FMIC

Greddy Style Intake

555cc Injectors

Nistune

Stage 2 Clutch and lightweight flywheel

Okay here is another one I found. I like it a little better because it want interfere with my mid-pipe. So if I could use that one then I could just have a mid pipe fabbed up to use my dual exahust.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/93-98-Toyota-Supra-2JZGE-TURBO-DOWNPIPE-INTAKE-IS300_W0QQitemZ380192979354QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item588544799a

Some comments:

What are your power goals? You have a GT42 which is a large turbo, so I would imagine you want a lot of power, the RB25DET will most likely need to be built to utilze that sort of power, also the 555cc injectors willl likely be way too small for your setup.

I would go with the universal downpipe and build from there, or just build one from scratch, the Supra one would most likely not fit and I have heard that sometimes the Chinabay exhausts/downpipes are a pain to weld if you had to hack it up to make it work.

I have no experience with Nistune but a lot of people seem to like it, if it can do MAP thats what I would do but thats just a personal preference I know a lot of people still prefer MAF setups.

If you end up needing a R33 ECU I have a R33 RB26DETT ECU for sale in the classifieds.

Some comments:

What are your power goals? You have a GT42 which is a large turbo, so I would imagine you want a lot of power, the RB25DET will most likely need to be built to utilze that sort of power, also the 555cc injectors willl likely be way too small for your setup.

I would go with the universal downpipe and build from there, or just build one from scratch, the Supra one would most likely not fit and I have heard that sometimes the Chinabay exhausts/downpipes are a pain to weld if you had to hack it up to make it work.

I have no experience with Nistune but a lot of people seem to like it, if it can do MAP thats what I would do but thats just a personal preference I know a lot of people still prefer MAF setups.

If you end up needing a R33 ECU I have a R33 RB26DETT ECU for sale in the classifieds.

Good info there and I was thinking that the universial might work out better as well. On the turbo I am going to sell or trade it. I just want something that will get me over 450 low 500s and I will be happy. I got it on a steal so I figure I would try.