HybridZ

Temp/Fuel Gauge

So I had to take the speedo unit out, in order to remove the "light and key" light bulb, because it was on all the time and it was killing my battery. I got the bulb out, put it back together, and now...

The fuel gauge and temperature gauge and reading at full and the highest temperature. (only when the car is on, and I WISH my tank was always full :D) :rolleyesg

Can anyone help me with this? I'm thinking a bumped a connector or something but I'm not sure where.

thanks!

Jordan

• 1 month later...

Holly cow. Those gauges when the signal is grounded they will diplay full. This means if you leave them disconnected they will display empty. You must have F'ed something up really good in the meter. You should have addressed the light/key on issue instead of digging into the meter. The light and key light is trigger by a switch attached to the side of the ignition cylinder with the 2 wires coming out. If you want to disable it just disconnect the 2 wires. Open up your meter to make sure you didn't leave anything in there that could ground some signal out. If you can't find anything then it's time to start shopping around for another digital cluster. GL

Vinh