HybridZ

S30 Polyurethane End-Link Order?

I purchased the complete master bushing kit for my 78' 280z and I am currently on the part where I have to put the new end-links on. What has me confused is the exact order of each individual bushing. Does it go like this?:

Bolt,

Washer curved downward,

Bushing with rim facing up,

SWAY BAR,

Washer curved upward,

Sleeve,

Washer curved downward,

CONTROL ARM,

Washer curved downward,

Nut

OR.. Is no specific order to this? I.E., Doesn't matter which bushing is facing which direction, ect.

Thank you.

prt767937698350x350tan.jpg

This is what it shows, but when I do it in this order, There isn't enough room to put the last washer and nut on.. :?

You need to use the force. I bet if you get somebody to help push on one end enough to smash the bushing up and get the threads started you can then just tighten it up to get it pressed the rest of the way together, new bushing are also going to be bigger. I haven't put my bushing kit on yet but I plan to when I get my floors fixed. i want to fix all the rust before redoing the suspension that way when its out I can bedline the underside of my car.

The assembly order is correct as shown, They are long enough, you may have to adjust the angles of the bar or the control arm, but trust me, it has been done many times, and we all have experienced the same issue. You may have to use a clamp to sweeze the parts a bit, but I found its mostly in the angle of bar to the control arm, when correct (more or less parallel) it will all work. Keep trying!

Jim

Well, with the body weight of my father, and mindful strategy placement of the bushings, we BARELY managed to get it on. Phew. Thanks everyone.

For those who are having problems managing it on, this is the order I used:

Bolt,

Washer Face Up,

Bushing Face Up,

SWAY BAR,

Bushing Face Up,

Washer Face Down,

Sleeve,

Washer Face Down,

Bushing Face Down,

CONTROL ARM,

Bushing Face Down,

Washer Face Up,

Nut

FYI:

It will be a lot easier if you do it with the control arms off the cross-member and use someone else's body weight pushing down on the control arm to get that last little budge; just enough to get that nut on.

wait, so it was that difficult to get screwed on with the control arm and sway bar off of the car?

I've never needed an extra hand to get the end links on, so that's why it seems weird to me.

Maybe they changed their design since I bought my bushing kit.