HybridZ

fiberglass body panels

v8dats

I was just wondering if anyone has a one piece fiberglass front end on their cars? Got any pics? Any links? Anybody know about the quality on the J.C Whitney kit? p.s......sorry about the punctuation but my girfriend made me do it right!!!

I think you will find that the web site for VR Engineering is http://www.reactionresearch.com/automotive.html

zfan is right on. If John Washington (the owner of VR Engineering) does't have one, he might be able to refer you to someone who does. He is a great guy and always helpful.

I hope my the punctuation is OK.

p.s. It's JCWhitney

p.s.s. Does your girlfriend like your Z?

There is a Company called MAS that sells the complete kit for $499 plus $59 for hinges and then shipping. I'm ordering one in January! I have heard mixed reviews on the quality, but after hearing BLKMGK's horror story of getting the VREngineering hood delivered, mounted and painted, not sure I'd go that route... I think he has close to $1000 just in getting it ($300 + Shipping), getting it fitted and getting it painted.. Might as well have gotten a front clip for that much. MAS advertises in Muscle Mustang and Fast Fords and other car mags... Don't have the number right now, but I'll post it when I dig it up!

Mike

------------------

"I will not be a spectator in the sport of life!"

mjk

welll.. Price was $300 plus shipping, I don't recall shipping but it was a tad pricey. Figure at least $100. My bodyshop bill was $1300. For that they fitted the hood, painted the hood on top and underneath (unfinished underside BTW), replaced my front windshield using my gasket, replaced the rear window gasket with my part, finished, painted and installed 'glass bumpers. To do the bumpers and hood they had to match the paint on the car, "blend" it into th efenders, and clearcoat the whole front end. They also installed the later ZX style vents inthe hood and painted them to match the hood.

So yeah - I blew some cash but the total wasn't ALL for the hood. Hood weighs exactly HALF what a steel hood weighs - saved like 15lbs (shrug). Looks NICE! I've NOT yet taken any pics but will try to take some maybe tomorrow. I'll put them up over here -> http://216.254.117.47/development/testweb.nsf when I do. No pics of the Mustang posted yet and don't let the doc size scare you - it's not correct (grr). Finally got my WEB server built!

Pics of the hood are up -> http://216.254.117.47/development/testweb.nsf However I've NOT got "finished pics up (grr). Camera is acting really squirrly but trust me - it looks nice. As soon as I get th ecamera acting right (won't transfer pics) or get a new camera (drool) I'll get more pics up. Camera was a $30 Kodak DC-20 - about the equivilant of these "Barbie" digital cameras but it works pretty good fro WEB use (lol).

Guest Anonymous

I've seen that site before but the drawings of products doesn't thrill me! Have you used or seen any of there products before how are they to deal with?

Thanks for the link

Guest Anonymous

So I dont want a front bumper on my 260Z but then I will have the bolts behind the bumper showing! How can I get the bumperless look without the bolts showing? Has anyone done this before? The flip clip is one way but if the build quality is pore???? And also looking at the pics the nose is awfully close to the ground! If I were to lower my car the nose would probably hit? Does anyone have first person knowledge of these flip clips?

Also were is another source for fiberglass doors and fiberglass decklids other than Arizona Z?

Guest Anonymous

I e-mailed them last night so maybe..... I might get a reply back.

Any thoughts on getting the bumperless look?

P.S. I (finaly) recieved my motorsport auto catalog, looks like I am on my way to Zism!