HybridZ

A typical HybridZ S30 suspension/brake build

The early 240Zs have the prop valve inside the right rear fenderwell screwed to a bracket near a frame rail. I don't know how the later ones work, but a bunch of people have put adjustable prop valves on those cars, so the answer is here, you'll have to keep looking for it though...

EDIT--You guys really shouldn't be getting rattles. If you have a rattle something is wrong. Most likely culprit would be a gland nut that holds a strut insert in is loose, or it bottomed on the housing before it tightened down on the strut. When they're TIGHT there should still be a thread or two showing.

After that you can start checking the bearings, but they're brand new bearings from the sound of it, so I'd be checking those gland nuts first...

Got it, here is a thread on the '73 240 prop valve. My link

I will update when I drive mine to see if there are any rattling problems. Like I said, it will be a few weeks. It would be great if it stopped raining and snowing every other day.

Just ordered the MR2 BZ3099 struts and they are on back order so it will be a few weeks. I also ordered 225lb front springs. I will be selling the Tokico BZ3015 struts(2)if anyone is interested, they were installed but I never drove it with them. I will also be selling other odds and ends as well. Check the classifieds shortly.

• 1 month later...

I have finished the suspension project. I sectioned the front strut housings for the BZ3099 and have 225lb springs installed. I also finished the brakes. I ended up putting the proportioning valve on the firewall in the location of the stock unit for the time being. Everything works fantastic except for my e-brake, it needs some work. In image 005 you can see clearly where I notched backing plate to clear the steering knuckle. Image 014 shows the modification to the bumper mount for the tow hook. On to body work!

post-4314-12706680987904_thumb.jpg

post-4314-12706681736533_thumb.jpg

post-4314-12706683482803_thumb.jpg

post-4314-12706684053411_thumb.jpg

nice, I need to get one for the back and front of my car. damn tracks around here are sticklers.

I bought mine at zccjdm.com and modified the front bumper mount for it ['73 bumper mounts]. The rear required no modification.