HybridZ

Megasquirt tuning=not so straight forward :/

jacob80

Hey guys,

so I finally got my car running and idling decently, but now I want to follow the mega manual and go through the whole tuning procedure in their order. Well, the first thing on their list, after you get your car idling, is to tune the idle for lowest kpa, which I believe it is at untouched at about 31/31/33 kpa at idle. Okay, easy enough. I then move onto the next section which talks about setting your PWM. So I do that and it proceeds to tell me to decrease my PWM duty cycle (I assume this is equivalent to current limit) in 1% increments. Well, going from the suggested 30%, I proceeded all the way down to 1% in which there was no change in idle quality but simply died at this point. The process basically told me to decrease it until the quality deteriorates and at that point, increase it 3-5%. Well I'm looking at a lot of your guys' maps and yours not only even below thirty, some of you have it set at 45. Maybe current limit is not the same as duty cycle. Could somebody clear this up for me? Any help is appreciated, thank you!

If you have the "Require Fuel" set according to you injector size and displacement, then go to the VE table and adjust the active bin (and surrounding ones) until you get a smooth idle. As far a a hickup, do you have EGO enabled? If so, turn it off for now.

What injectors are you using? Look at the injector spread sheet sticky and use the settings there if your inejctor is in the table.

I am using your map moby, and I am letting it warm up to about 180 degrees before I do any adjustment to any settings. How do I manually disable all enrichments? I've read somethingabout turning gamma setting to off will do this, correct me if I'm wrong, thanks!