HybridZ

WANTED feedback on modifying front sump pans to rear sump pans

pat1

As many of you guys know that I have been building custom oil pans for the RB motors. I trying to make this swap less stressful for the guys who can't find a oil pan for the rb swaps. I'm thinking of a less costly mod by modifing the front sump pan to a rear swap pan. This mod would cost less than my custom pan. I was wondering if any of you guys would be interested in this.

please give me some feedback

thanks

Patrick

I personally love the custom pan especially with the enhancements you installed. I think the pan reversal would be good as well especially at the right price. There was a guy on here already doing those but the price was the same as your custom pan. Also for those of us with the RB26 style blocks and having the issue with the rear oil pickup. Its either you or Rips right now. When I had the 200zr pan I needed it notched and a modified pickup. It was cheaper for me just to sell it and get your pan.

I personally love the custom pan especially with the enhancements you installed. I think the pan reversal would be good as well especially at the right price. There was a guy on here already doing those but the price was the same as your custom pan. Also for those of us with the RB26 style blocks and having the issue with the rear oil pickup. Its either you or Rips right now. When I had the 200zr pan I needed it notched and a modified pickup. It was cheaper for me just to sell it and get your pan.

Thanks, I'm glad you like your pan I made you and thanks for the plug:2thumbs:. I'm trying to keep my price low but maybe not low enough for everyone. I had tons for pm's about buying a pan but it seems that some people are looking for a cheaper alternative. And I was wondering if this could fit there bill. This pan reversal would be for the rb20/25 as the 26 would be a bit harder to do.

I don't have a ft sump pan to modify at this time of I would have done one already. I guess I'm looking for someone to be my guinea pig. If someone needs a pan built and is on a tight budget with there swap please let me know.

If you are wanting something to experiment with I have a RB25DET pan that came with my swap... someone has already done a bit of hacking to make it work witha RB26 Pickup/Block.

I have a SpeedShop Thagard based pan now which I want to redo also, maybe we can work something out...

If you are wanting something to experiment with I have a RB25DET pan that came with my swap... someone has already done a bit of hacking to make it work witha RB26 Pickup/Block.

I have a SpeedShop Thagard based pan now which I want to redo also, maybe we can work something out...

What do you want to do to the Thagard pan?

What do you want to do to the Thagard pan?

Have it rebaffled, I did an external pickup like Joel did with a similar interior design and it unfortunately allows the oil pressure to drop when doing hard braking.

If it could be gutted and rebaffled to something like this: http://forums.hybridz.org/showpost.php?p=1118369&postcount=11 that would be great.

You can see the admittedly flawed design here: http://picasaweb.google.com/rb240z/20070520FinishedOilPan# (comments from the peanut gallery are not needed), lesson learned.

A quick bandaid has helped the pressure issue and can be seen here http://picasaweb.google.com/rb240z/20080210OilPanTry2# but its still not something I want to run long-term.

Might need to take this to PM/Another Topic since we are bit off topic about front pans. BTW ya can see the Front Sump Pan I have here: http://picasaweb.google.com/cfitzpatrick/ForSale#

For%20Sale%20001.jpgFor%20Sale%20002.jpgFor%20Sale%20003.jpgFor%20Sale%20004.jpgFor%20Sale%20005.jpg