HybridZ

Motorsport Aero Kits

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Has anyone had any bad experiences with the motorsport aero kits or any body parts from motosport...or any success stories. I've been thinkin of buying a front and rear fascia from them.

I've had their popular integrated bumper and spoiler facia and rockers on a Z in the past and they were nice. I currently have their flares and narrow style bumpers on my white late model 260z. Quality is pretty much like anyone elses fiberglass. Not bad, not perfect.

Mike

------------------

http://hometown.aol.com/dat74z/myhomepage/auto.html

"I will not be a spectator in the sport of life!"

mjk

Guest Fast Frog

I've used MSA for the rear wing on my 383Z (Featured Car) and have used front spoiler/valances on three other Zs that I've restored. MSA has been good to work with and the products that I've purchased have been good quality!

I've got one of their Urethane front spoilers in my spare room and one of their rear wings there too - I'm not going to use them on this car, they were bought for another. Anyone in VA looking for spoilers? Buy them from me and skip the zillion dollars in shipping (sigh).

The pieces look very good to me and are made by other companies - you might be able to get them for less by going direct. Xenon made my front spoiler smile.gif Not sure on the rear one.

Their front 'glass bumpes I DO have. These pieces are AWESOME and look just like the ArizonaZ ones on Mikekelly's car only they cost less and don't come from a grouch. Much recommended but they will need some cleanup and prep before painting. I think their price for these is very fair and was something like $150 each.

Guest Anonymous

I recently installed a kit from MSA on my 240 with only a couple of problems w/ the rear skirt piece. I got the kit that replaces the bumpers and the rear piece had a bulge molded into it that I assume was to fit in the recess in the body behind the bumper. I had a helluva time fitting in this area, but I'm no bodyman. The other big complaint I had was that the cutout for the exhaust was not even close to the stock position, requiring cutting and reglassing that area. All the other pieces fit great IMO.

Jeff

------------------

'71 240

'91 TBI 305,700R4 w/ shift kit

Guest Anonymous

I bouhgt their kit that included the front /rear bumpers and the side skirts. Considerring they are fiberglass parts they fit pretty decent. However I spent alot of time(15 to 20 hours) filling pinholes blocking out fiberglass "chop" so that they looked more "metal". It took alot of time priming and blocking them. You definatey should fit them to the car BEFORE you do any paint work.They did require a couple of hours of trimming to get them to fit nicely without twisting them. I also had to strengthen them in the corners so that they wouldn't stress crack. They did any way. They are very attractive though. I think next time I would use just the front and rear bumpers and skip the side skirts.

Peter