HybridZ

So you want a Gnose on your car?

dsommer

I want a gnose.

So you’ve seen one or two here on hybridz and now you’re ready to make the commitment to place one on your car. In order to “correctly” mate a gnose with your car is going to take some homework, time and money.

Here is a parts list of what you’ll need to make it look “right” or “correct”:

1. Gnose

Of course we can dream all day of the 5 piece kit that has all the fasteners and brackets that come with it but this kit does not exist in the USA as a new kit. Yes you can find a used one (average price $500-$900) but be prepared for any alignment issues and fiberglass issues as to quote Murphys Law “anything that can go wrong, will go wrong and at the worst possible moment. Also the old saying goes you get what you pay for comes to mind.

Solution is to contact Brian at (http://www.zccjdm.com/) there you can purchase a two piece design gnose that is of high quality fiberglass with the correct gnose hood hinges for $1499 + shipping

Now that you have secured your gnose it’s time to fit and finish it. Plan on at least 10 hours of finish work before paint to position it on the car correctly.

2. Headlight covers.

ZCCJDM sells the lenses for the gnose but not the stainless surrounds. To source the most “correct” set of headlight covers head to ebay and get ready for sticker shock. I’ve seen used sets from overseas with asking prices of $450 (with a scratched lens mind you) and NOS sets asking price is around $750-$1,000. If you find a set cheaper than that you should consider purchasing them immediately.

3. Clear lower turn signal lenses.

OEM Nissan lenses not NLA. Reproduction lenses are available from Too Intense Restorations, average price around $175(? if available, they show “call for price” on the website) Dave at TIR had these replicas made to as close as the original lenses as possible without infringing on the copy write from Nissan. They are a good quality part with no bubbles or hazing in the clear.

4. Paint

Gnoses are meant to be two tone in color. The bottom half is a dark grey as is the front bumper. Costs can vary from shop to shop for finial prep and paint. I guesstimate it would cost about $250-$500 for painting the part.

5. Fender flairs

If you want to complete the JDM look you’ll have to continue with ZG flairs. There are many outlets to purchase these from, cost vary from around $225 +/-. To install these here is an excellent write up http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=113064 if available mounting kits are available for about $60 +/-.

6. Fender mirrors

Next are fender mirrors. These show up on ebay for $275-300 new. To mount the fender mirrors follow these measurements. http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=115715&highlight=fender+mirror+mount

7. Rear spoiler

Finally you’ll need the rear spoiler it is also available at ZCCJDM for $159 (current pricing) + shipping. Prep and paint has to be added to the final cost.

In closing a good estimated price of turning you car into a Gnose JDM looking car is around $3,200.00 this price does not include labor, paint or shipping charges.

Gnose shipping is roughly $200 +/- depending on what area of the country/world you live in, be sure to take this into consideration.

David

This is some good info, and I thank you for the write up. I am definitely a G nose lover, and would definitely consider taking the knife to my baby in order to give her a better looking nose. But I am aware that it comes at a cost, and might possibly have a shop do it for me.