HybridZ

Side Vents

Guest Fast Frog

Guest Fast Frog

Besides John Washington's Reaction Research and Thunder Ranch, does anyone know of any other outlet that might sell side vents (those that fit ahead of the front whl wells)that would fit a 280Z?

Guest Fast Frog

That's right, Terry. Side vents like the Vette and 250 GT. HHMMmmmm, you're suggesting I build them. Maybe I could! How would I start? With some plastic strips??

Frog,

I might be a maroon baboon, but why not go for something off of a mid-70's Camaro? I may be misremembering, but they came in two styles - one had a single rectangular outlet (which I prefer) and the other had 4 (I think) vertical vents. Of course, knowing the way GM does things, they may have been simply stuck to the fenders as ricey little tack-ons. Of course, that doesn't stop you from cutting real holes and using their vents to finish the job off, does it?

Come to think of it, that might be the kind of project I'd be interested in...

Scott Ferguson

Guest Fast Frog

Thanx guys!

I'll check into these things. And, Scott, I tried answering your email regarding smog and emissions inspections from a couple of wks ago, but my server kept giving me a "message undeliverable" note. Here in Colorado only the front range communities(Ft Collins south to Pueblo) have emissions testing. The rest of the state is "free" from such testing. I don't have any smog stuff on my 383Z. Matter of fact, my Z is registered as if it were still bone stock!

Rick