HybridZ

70 240Z vs 240Z-280Z brake calipers and hubs: 4 piston toyota caliper issue

Hey guys. I have ran into a strange situation.

Ive been working on my 71 240Z. Its a 1/71 with all the first year stuff except the hand throttle. I went to upgrade the brakes last week and ran into a problem. It seems that my 71 has different hubs on it than my other S30's. I dont know when they changed, but the 1984 Toyota 4X4 pickup 4 piston calipers dont fit the 71. They have bolted onto the other cars I have worked on in the past with no issues. The caliper is a 1/4" off center on the 71 240Z hub. I pulled my 260Z hub off which has the same setup. The 260Z has all the same suspension on it as you would find on a 73 240z. That is to say its an early 260Z. The wheel mounting surface is in the same spot as the 71, but the rotor seat on the 71 is ~1/4" closer to the wheel mounting surface than the 260z. I didnt have a chance to check the caliper, but it appears the caliper is not the same as other S30's to match this rotor position. Once I changed out the hub on my 71 to the same that is on my 260Z the rotor and new toyota Calipers aligned correctly and the problem resolved. So the strut is the same.

Just FYI for you guys that are looking at this swap.