HybridZ

5 lug conversion hang up

So It was nice enough here in ohio today to dig my z out of the corner clean the garage up and get ready to start working on it. Quick run down of car. was going to be a v-8 conversion. Coilovers all the way around adjustable suspention. Well here it is 10yrs later and I just want to get it back together. I got some 5 lug hubs and swaped them out today on the front and realized I have to have coilovers in order to make them work at all 4 corners. I have 17x9 saleen rims and I'm going to run flairs. well in the 10yr span its been sitting, life happened with kids and so on. So I guess I'm going to pull the 5 lug hubs off the front and put back on the 4 luggers and buy adapters because I dont have the extra change for coil overs, new rotors,calipers and all that other good jazz. My problem is I cant find any 4lug to 5lug adapters. and the one set I did find were $495. If I'm going to spend that then I might as well do coil overs and brakes. Does anyone know where I can pick up a set cheap. The car isnt going to be raced or daily driven. I just want my fun little car back to drive around in the summer and nice days and next summer I'll do my m/s and turbo. So nothing too powerful just enough to whomp on every now and then at stoplights. I dont see why adapters wouldnt hold up for that. BTW i did use the search button and all I'm getting is old ebay postings for them and a few 4-4 honda patterns.

the right key work will bring you the right thread. 4 lug to 5 lug adapter.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=151857&highlight=lug+adapter

affordable and supposedly reliable. ebay also has these all over. keep in mind you offset must have the correct positive offset to equal the correct fitment as these are pretty thick.

Thanks. I kinda understand what your saying. When it comes to engines,body and those aspects of the car I have no problem understanding what I need to do. But wheel offsets become greekto me. on the front i have less than a 1/16 of an inch between the rim and cradel for the spring on the strut housing. All I did to the backs so far was tap out 3 studs and let it rest on the one stud and set the wheel on it. I have the car supported so it didnt have its weight on 1 stud. I havnt got in there to measure how far out it has to come to clear the strut and spring. If I had coilovers these suckers would fit nice and snug without flairs and I would just have to get the good old bat out and roll the lips. Thats what I was really wishing was goin to happen. When I bought these rims the guy told me they were 8" rims so thats why I though they were going to work. After today I found out they were 9" wide. 1" screws everything up.

So after some studing of what I have going on I figured out if I put in longer wheel studs in the 5 lug hubs and run a spacer, that should be just fine. I'll use some 300zx rotors and some yota calipers for the front and just run the drums in the back with those 2" adapters. The brakes were always good on the car so why mess around with them since the car will only be a fun driver and not a track monster or anything like that. Yeah the cobra brakes are begging to look cool behind my rims but that will be another day. Now that the tires are going to be pushed out time to figure aout the flairs.