HybridZ

Anyone near North NJ? Need Help!

I just bought a donor car and am looking for a place to take it apart, my roommate initially said i could bring it to his parents house in somers near our apt, but hes being a bit hesitant now and is stringing me a long, im also talking to another friend in rockland but he has to talk to his dad and hasnt gotten me a final answer yet.

I was just wondering if anyone had the driveway space for a couple weeks till it gets a shade warmer out, or even the garage space for one weekend of tear down.

Thanks in advance guys!

• 3 weeks later...

I just bought a donor car and am looking for a place to take it apart, my roommate initially said i could bring it to his parents house in somers near our apt, but hes being a bit hesitant now and is stringing me a long, im also talking to another friend in rockland but he has to talk to his dad and hasnt gotten me a final answer yet.

I was just wondering if anyone had the driveway space for a couple weeks till it gets a shade warmer out, or even the garage space for one weekend of tear down.

Thanks in advance guys!

how far are you away from 07001? once we finish cleaning out the sh*t the previous owner left in the driveway there will be enough space... out of curiousity what are you pulling off the car?

how far are you away from 07001? once we finish cleaning out the sh*t the previous owner left in the driveway there will be enough space... out of curiousity what are you pulling off the car?

Im about 40 miles from there, but the car doesnt run, having it trailered from Hamburg NJ which is 60 miles from you.

Its all good, i cleaned out my friends garage and hes letting me do the strip there! Thank You tho for being willing to help!

If you want to get in on the fun your more than welcome to come.

And im taking the motor/trans/rear/driveshaft/rear brakes for my 240z Everything else is being parted out and im pretty sure the dash is uncracked on it :) I can be wrong tho

Im about 40 miles from there, but the car doesnt run, having it trailered from Hamburg NJ which is 60 miles from you.

Its all good, i cleaned out my friends garage and hes letting me do the strip there! Thank You tho for being willing to help!

If you want to get in on the fun your more than welcome to come.

And im taking the motor/trans/rear/driveshaft/rear brakes for my 240z Everything else is being parted out and im pretty sure the dash is uncracked on it :) I can be wrong tho

ok cool. Does it have alloy wheels? If so, what type and how much? i dunno if you're interested, but I have a 260Z motorset for sale, asking maybe a couple hundred... It's got early carbs (the bell shaped ones), but the crappy e88 head... I don't really know much about the carbed L series, but you could buy the motorset and make a stroker motor, assuming the head bolts up.(i'm pretty sure it does tho) I'm only looking to get a couple hundred for everything, motor trans coil, ac compressor etc etc... has a new water pump...

I also have a low pressure fuel pump and regulator for sale, I ditched the piston type pump on the 260 for one made to run constantly... it has less than one mile on it... (I drove the Z around the block twice.)

Maybe we could work something out as a parts exchange??? I kinda want a 240 front bumper and mounts, and I'd definitelly be interested in a set of alloy wheels. ( I have the stock steelies :( )

Edited by Northstarninja

ok cool. Does it have alloy wheels? If so, what type and how much? i dunno if you're interested, but I have a 260Z motorset for sale, asking maybe a couple hundred... It's got early carbs (the bell shaped ones), but the crappy e88 head... I don't really know much about the carbed L series, but you could buy the motorset and make a stroker motor, assuming the head bolts up.(i'm pretty sure it does tho) I'm only looking to get a couple hundred for everything, motor trans coil, ac compressor etc etc... has a new water pump...

I also have a low pressure fuel pump and regulator for sale, I ditched the piston type pump on the 260 for one made to run constantly... it has less than one mile on it... (I drove the Z around the block twice.)

Maybe we could work something out as a parts exchange??? I kinda want a 240 front bumper and mounts, and I'd definitelly be interested in a set of alloy wheels. ( I have the stock steelies :( )

im using the turbo motor setup from the 280zx

My 240z has aftermarket eagle alloy rims on it and this is the donor car

100_1786.jpg

im using the turbo motor setup from the 280zx

My 240z has aftermarket eagle alloy rims on it and this is the donor car

100_1786.jpg

mmm turbo goodness= awesome... I have a Sr20det for my 260, though I'm tempted to trade/sell my bmw for a s13 chassis and throw the redtop in that... then put a blacktop in the Z...