HybridZ

looking for vq35de or vg30de/tt for sale

natedogg650

Im looking for a cheap (under $2000) vq35de engine or a vg30de (turbo or Na) I just bought a 90 300zx (na) with a blown motor and i either want to try the vq swap or just drop the vg in and just work with that for now. I am actually leaning toward the vg motor as I can get my car running faster and it would cost alot less, the only problem is finding one in good shape.

I am located in memphis so anything close would be great.

any input will be helpful.

thanks

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a VG30DE pulled from a '91 automatic Z32 with 2018 miles on it. The car was destroyed and the engine removed in 1991. It's been stored in a heated shop for 19 years! I believe I have the complete harness and ECU for it as it was supposed to get swapped into a 510... but it's been so many years that I'm not sure I can find the other bits. It's going to need head gaskets and a timing belt since it's been sitting so long. Anybody got a guess what this thing is worth? I've never really considered selling it but I can't see myself getting around to using it either. I see used import engines on eBay for around a grand.