HybridZ

Exhaust options. Query inside.

I was just wondering if anyone has ever used these / bought from this company?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180470713150&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_3346wt_1504

Can't beat that price, and they're stainless. The description is pretty vague. I was just wondering what my options are, as a $600 pair of Hooker headers is not in my budget right now. And yes, I did search. I'd appreciate a link to something educational, rather than google. Thanks!

I was just wondering if anyone has ever used these / bought from this company?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180470713150&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_3346wt_1504

Can't beat that price, and they're stainless. The description is pretty vague. I was just wondering what my options are, as a $600 pair of Hooker headers is not in my budget right now. And yes, I did search. I'd appreciate a link to something educational, rather than google. Thanks!

Wow those look really nice. For the price, I don't think you can go wrong. Maybe you can be the guinea pig and tell the rest of us how they turn out! It would certainly look a heck of a lot nicer under the hood than my rusty hookers.

I was just looking at the picture again. It looks like the headers are going to end up pointing straight down, not back like they should. How are you going to install them?

Thats an easy fix. I'm pretty handy with a MIG. What do you mean how am I going to install them?

I'm not sure if that's the same company I bought mine from about a year ago, but you need to carefully look at the left side when you install them. On mine, the #1 tube hit the engine mount and the flange was touching the block just above the oil pan. Made it impossible to tighten down and seal.

I had to dimple the front tube for mount clearance and grind a small boss off of the block to get a good fit. The only way to dimple that stainless tube is to heat it with a torch first.

This may not be an issue with yours, but test fit it and check those areas. Right side was no problem and fit well.

I'm not sure if that's the same company I bought mine from about a year ago, but you need to carefully look at the left side when you install them. On mine, the #1 tube hit the engine mount and the flange was touching the block just above the oil pan. Made it impossible to tighten down and seal.

I had to dimple the front tube for mount clearance and grind a small boss off of the block to get a good fit. The only way to dimple that stainless tube is to heat it with a torch first.

This may not be an issue with yours, but test fit it and check those areas. Right side was no problem and fit well.

Are you talking like right when you're sitting in the car, or looking at it? Passenger or driver side?

Since you can weld, it might be worth your time to touch up the welds that connect the primaries to the flange. Can't tell for sure, but they look like they may be of some concern from this pic. You'll definitely be able to tell when you have them in front of you.

tp1742.jpg

Wow, for sure, those welds look like crap. Almost looks like they just tacked it on there for the picture, I certainly hope they wouldn't arrive like that!

I received them yesterday, and I must say, it is probably the best $100 I've ever spent. The quality was great. They were fully weled / port matched to the flange on the inside, where it counts. I had to ding the #1 primary just a fuzz, and remove the knock sensor (not being used anyway), and put a brass plug in. Other than that, They fit great, and I should have the exhaust finished up shortly, and have this beast on the road!!!

I received them yesterday, and I must say, it is probably the best $100 I've ever spent. The quality was great. They were fully weled / port matched to the flange on the inside, where it counts. I had to ding the #1 primary just a fuzz, and remove the knock sensor (not being used anyway), and put a brass plug in. Other than that, They fit great, and I should have the exhaust finished up shortly, and have this beast on the road!!!

I'd love to see pics of it both before and after install!

I'd love to see pics of it both before and after install!

I'll get some pics up this weekend hopefully. KINDA broke my camera a couple weekends ago (had a lil too much fun haha). But I'll get some crackberry pics up.

Edited by SUNNY Z

I'll get some pics up this weekend hopefully. KINDA broke my camera a couple weekends ago (had a lil too much fun haha). But I'll get some crackberry pics up.

Thanks!

*Kinda* broke a camera? There's an interesting story there, I just know it.

P.S. Don't forget to add a location to your profile before they block you. Seriously, I can't make this stuff up.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the belated reply! They are exactly what they look like. Cheap headers :) . The radius is very sharp on the front and rear primaries, so you have to start those bolts first, and suck the header up. This is of course instead of just putting them in, and bolting them all up at the same time. Also, the close-radius holes I used allen head bolts, instead of hex, due to the lack of room. There is a similar problem with the 3 bold collector, but i just used a smaller bolt to remedy that problem. For the $114 I paid for them, I'm more than satisfied.

Also, I did have to remove the knock sensor on the passenger side, and replace it with a brass plug. I had to massage one of the drivers' side primaries ever so slightly so it would clear the engine mount. Other than that, They have been good to me!

Here's a Before pic

IMG00089.jpg

And an after pic

IMG00093.jpg

A quick depth measurement

IMG00092.jpg

Comparison

IMG00091.jpg

I've been really busy with finals (college) and just driving the crap outa my cars in the nice weather, so I haven't had alot of time to post up.

Here's a quick shot from last weekend, punishing the OLD street tires

Sig.jpg

I added a little bit of fun last weekend also B)

IMG00124.jpg

Edited by SUNNY Z

Thanks!

*Kinda* broke a camera? There's an interesting story there, I just know it.

P.S. Don't forget to add a location to your profile before they block you. Seriously, I can't make this stuff up.

LOLOL yes, there is quite the story acutally. If you've ever seen the movie "step brothers" then you know about the F*cking catalina wine mixer. Well some of my buddies here did one last year, and one again this year. It was a good little party. 8 kegs, 20 handles of vodka. You can just fill in the blanks. B)