HybridZ

Been gone for a while but I'm still around!

80LS1T

Wow I don't know when the board format changed but I think I like it! I don't remember when the last time I logged in...

Well an update, I did get the hood fixed finally in late October. If you don't know what happened, my alternator "blew up" and sent the metal cooling fins through the hood. I ended up getting the hood welded. The body guy did an amazing job! You can't even sort of tell on either side of the hood that there was a hole there! I debated going with a fiberglass hood or a carbon hoon but I don't really care for the shrinking or expanding of FG or CF so I just had it fixed. I also had my spoiler redone since it was pealing up after 2 cold winters in wisconsin sitting in a garage, atleast thats what I blame it on. The car is now sittin in my heated shop all winter with the thermostat set to not drop below 50*F :-)

The other big new is I started my own shop. Some of you know that I am a mechanic for Nissan by trade. I started renting a 1500 square foot shop in September and have been busy buying tools and trying to get the word out that I'm ready and willing to do work! I have always wanted to run my own shop and this is just the first step for me. Right now I work after my 8-5 job at Nissan. Some nights I'll work till 12AM or later. Its a lot of work but getting a good customer base before I go out on my own is my first priority. I can't wait to stop working for the MAN! Being my own boss and getting all the profit is so much nicer! I am setting up my LLC(limited liability company) this month and with the way things are already going this year it won't be long before I can quite my full time job and do this full time. It's amazing how much happier people are paying $40/hour vs the dealership $93! Not to mention the rediculous parts mark up!

I don't have much planned for the Z this winter. Maybe clean up my A-pillar gauge pod and deffinetly fix the problem that drains my battery after 5 days (pretty sure thats my clutch switch thats wired to a relay hot all the time).

So what have I missed in the last 7-8 months?