HybridZ

Locating Injector connectors/boots for 450 Mercedes

zxramman

I am installing large flow injectors in my 280 ZX turbo and need to purchase the electrical connectors and boots for a 450 SL from a Mercedes dealer. I will then install these parts and splice into the stock wiring harness on the 280 ZX turbo.

The problem I encounter is that without a part number the dealers are unable to locate the parts I need. They look at diagrams that show the injectors, fuel rail etc. but they have no clue regarding the electrical connectors. Strange as it seems maybe their system does not operate like Nissan. Have tried several dealers and getting nowhere. Can anyone recommend a Mercedes dealer that may be able to help.

I realize this is a strange request but I want to fire the beast up and I am hitting the wall. Everyone that I have asked tells me to get the parts from a Mercedes dealer. How do I do this when they need part numbers and I have no clue as to how to obtain this information?

"HELP" Sleepless in Washington, "D.C.">

Thanks everyone

Post a picture of the injector/connector.

I thought most bosch injectors were about the same......A picture would help.

Also, let me know if they might be the same as a mid 90's Mercedes straight six EFI. I MIGHT have access to some.

Edited by jasper

• 2 weeks later...

Just get them from a junkyard. Most pick and pull places will charge you $5 for the biggest wad of wires you can hold. (from fuse holder ends to injector plugs) My favorite bosch plugs (if they're bosch injectors) are the ones GM uses, they have a big spring loaded quick release that is 100% easier to use than the old Datsun POS corrode-a-clips. PS. if you do go a junkyardin, make sure you take one injector with you. I have a few bosch style plugs that DO NOT fit, as they're 'keyed' differently. Same connection, the injector just won't go into the boot.

the injector clips are a little different from the stock nissan setup. i ended up using clips from an 02/05 v-w jetta or passat. the whole engine bay has about 15 that you can snip from. i had to shave a little from the sides of the female part on the injector base to keep the fit snug when plugged in.