HybridZ

240sx/300zx brake conversion question

Hi,

I've started to gather components for my 240sx calipers / 300zx rotors conversion for my 75 280. I am to the point that I'm ready to buy rear rotors, and I figure this point would be a good time to go slotted all around (I have a bad tendency of warping rotors). I have been searching, but so far have been unable to find someone that makes both 280 fronts and 300zx rears slotted. I would like to stay with the same brand front and rear for consistencys sake. If anyone can point me in the direction of somewhere I can buy both front and rears slotted AND the same brand I would greatly appreciate it.

Car is being built for open track days, weekend cruising and giving the wife gray hairs.

Thanks in Advance

Okay, after a few days of exhausting research I came across this:

www.r1concepts.com

75' Datsun 280z slotted and drilled rotors (Part Number: EDS.42004) $92.40 (pair)

84' Nissan 300zx slotted and drilled rotors (Part Number: PDS.42021) $106.92 (pair)

TOTAL: $199.32 OTD w/ free shipping

SO... anyone else who is doing the 240sx/300zx rear conversion, you might consider these as well.

I will be purchasing within the next few weeks and will let everyone know how it goes. Now I'm just

2 brackets, some SS lines, Pads, and a powdercoating trip away from having my brakes squared away... :rolleyes:

Sounds like my set-up, enjoy!

Looks like we have similar plans for our cars (although mines at a much earlier stage compared to yours!). I plan on doing the L28et conversion with some power mods later on to fill that big gapping hole under the hood. Looks like you have bigger calipers up front, are those Toyotas?

Yeah, the S12 non vented version...

Watch out for the slippery slope, I started out with just a simple turbo swap myself, thinking, why would I ever need more than 200hp in a 2800 pounder...but I have enjoyed every moment of it and would do it all over again.