HybridZ

Who makes these mudflaps or are they custom?

I emailed that user but did not get a response, i hope he doesnt mind a posted a picture of his car.

The owner before the guy who sold me my car put on flares and most definitely cut too far back and instead of doing major body work, i think these mud flaps could fill some of that gap and make it less noticeable.

post-7627-12674575356047_thumb.jpg

MSA's and the beautiful "Halloween" car that you referred to do not look the same to me. MSA's look to have a ridge molded into the flap - but I could very well be wrong.

Coincidentally, I was just today looking at my POS and noted that all of the paint is gone in the very area that mudflaps protect. I think that oddmanout's are a flat piece of steel or plastic or something - how's that for precise info! I hope that he finds the time for a response!

Due to the thinness of our metal I am wondering aloud if it would be cool to use panel adhesive instead of drilling holes in the mudflap and the fender.......

I emailed that user but did not get a response, i hope he doesnt mind a posted a picture of his car.

The owner before the guy who sold me my car put on flares and most definitely cut too far back and instead of doing major body work, i think these mud flaps could fill some of that gap and make it less noticeable.

Hey, sorry for the mixup. I was away from HBZ for a while and came back to a whole new layout and am still getting used to it. I actually did respond to your question, it was just posted above the message you left on my profile. :P

I was thinking at the time that I got them from either MSA or Blackdragon, but now that I've thought about it a little more I'm pretty sure it was Blackdragon. They fit great, supposing you have a stock car. The mudguards are NOT flat, they are hollow "3d" ABS plastic molded to fit the contours of the car. With flares, its a bit tighter. The only modifications I made to the rear ones was to scoop out a small portion on the left so my exhaust wouldn't touch it. The fronts will require a bit more trimming to fit under the flares, and I haven't gotten around to it myself.

Again, I apologize for the mixup. I usually respond (correctly) to questions shortly after I get them.

Edit: Actually, now that I look at MSA's pics, it could be either one. Both stores seem to carry the same set of ABS plastic mudguards.

Edited by Oddmanout84

Hey, sorry for the mixup. I was away from HBZ for a while and came back to a whole new layout and am still getting used to it. I actually did respond to your question, it was just posted above the message you left on my profile. :P

I was thinking at the time that I got them from either MSA or Blackdragon, but now that I've thought about it a little more I'm pretty sure it was Blackdragon. They fit great, supposing you have a stock car. The mudguards are NOT flat, they are hollow "3d" ABS plastic molded to fit the contours of the car. With flares, its a bit tighter. The only modifications I made to the rear ones was to scoop out a small portion on the left so my exhaust wouldn't touch it. The fronts will require a bit more trimming to fit under the flares, and I haven't gotten around to it myself.

Again, I apologize for the mixup. I usually respond (correctly) to questions shortly after I get them.

Edit: Actually, now that I look at MSA's pics, it could be either one. Both stores seem to carry the same set of ABS plastic mudguards.

Thanks man, i ordered the MSA's and btw, your car looks amazing and I will be doing a similar two tone body with the RB rims as well. Still debating on original color of the car (green) or a hyper black or gunmetal. Only dilemna with stock color is, its that light green not the dark, and i just cant do the light and i dont see the point in doing the dark green, i know its an original color, but not for the car...decisions decisions!

Thanks man, i ordered the MSA's and btw, your car looks amazing and I will be doing a similar two tone body with the RB rims as well. Still debating on original color of the car (green) or a hyper black or gunmetal. Only dilemna with stock color is, its that light green not the dark, and i just cant do the light and i dont see the point in doing the dark green, i know its an original color, but not for the car...decisions decisions!

Go with whatever looks good on the car, don't feel restrained to stock colors. The Omaha orange I used for my Z is lighter and less red than the stock orange, and I like it better. Unless you're trying to do an all original restoration, who cares about stock colors. If you were going for stock, why would you be on HybridZ anyway? ;)

Go with whatever looks good on the car, don't feel restrained to stock colors. The Omaha orange I used for my Z is lighter and less red than the stock orange, and I like it better. Unless you're trying to do an all original restoration, who cares about stock colors. If you were going for stock, why would you be on HybridZ anyway? ;)

Good call, i guess just peer pressure to keep it original-ish from my friends haha

I really love dark dark gunmetal tho, but i want to do CF or Flat black trunk/hood/flares

Depends really, but i have dumb/crazy plans if i got CF, i have weaves of it at home that i got with a friend, and i plan on making an alum dash...so imagine that wrapped in CF and possibly the floors as well and entire shifter area, its a bit overboard, but def be fun.