HybridZ

SCOTTIEGNZ!!!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

ok, was glancing through the member's rides section...and i looked at your car....and i want to know where you sourced your rear spoiler from? Been half-heartedly looking for one, so i figured, being the lazy bum that i am, i'd just ask you, and be done with it...oh yeah, how much was it, and it'd fit on a 76 280...right?

Heh, ask him what it weighs icon_smile.gif Scottie, I'll weigh my existing hatch just as soon as I can get it down from the rafters - I've nto forgotten. Things are a bit "hectic" in the garage these days icon_rolleyes.gif Hey, I know how to get Scottie that last tenth into the 10's.... (sorry, couldn't resist - the spoiler looks AWESOME in person too).

Jim, you are a riot, but OUCH, the truth hurts. Racnoth, I cannot remember what brand the spoiler is but I believe MSA sells something similar.

What Jim is referring to, and why I cannot remember, is the fact that the bodywork on my car was done over 20 yrs ago. One of the reasons why it has held up so long is because the body man used lead instead of bondo. That is also why my 71 Z weighs in at almost 2600lbs w/o driver. The rear hatch alone must weigh 100lbs and even 2 new shocks cannot hold it up. Somewhere in my future I am looking to get a stock or fiberglass hatch with lexan and the same spoiler just riveted on. Should be able to knock of 60-75lbs off my sled.