HybridZ

strange clutch noise

DOHCD15

i had a 78 stock engine and tranny combo and then removed the engine for an f54 flat top with a fidanza flywheel, i chose to reuse the previously good clutch and pp with some issues lining up the old pp to the flywheel. upon start up there is a slight squealing noise coming from the bellhousing and when i depress the pedal the noise is gone. once warmed up the noise is constant with pedal depressed or not and have noticed rougher feel when engaging gears with reverse being a complete nightmare. i am leaning to the idea of the pressure plate being the culprit as it is the 225mm and i have recently been told the flywheel requires a 240mm. would that cause the squealing?

i had a 78 stock engine and tranny combo and then removed the engine for an f54 flat top with a fidanza flywheel, i chose to reuse the previously good clutch and pp with some issues lining up the old pp to the flywheel. upon start up there is a slight squealing noise coming from the bellhousing and when i depress the pedal the noise is gone. once warmed up the noise is constant with pedal depressed or not and have noticed rougher feel when engaging gears with reverse being a complete nightmare. i am leaning to the idea of the pressure plate being the culprit as it is the 225mm and i have recently been told the flywheel requires a 240mm. would that cause the squealing?

Possibly a bad throwout bearing, or maybe you put it in backwards?