HybridZ

Dual exhaust with pipes on both sides

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

While I doubt that any L6 short of insane would benefit greatly from it, I like the looks of dual exhaust where you have a pipe coming out the rear on both sides. I know some of the V8 folks have done it. It looks like the use of an aftermarket fuel cell would be needed to allow room for the passenger side pipe. I think this would sound a little different as well, especially if it were true dual from a 6 into 2 header.

Anyone with an L6 got true dual exhaust? I anyone has any pictures of theres, I would like to see them. My guess is that the fuel filler would have to be rerouted as well.

If anyone cares, I finally mad a dicision on my engine choice when I obtained a 79ZX with an N47. Maybe I will go a little more wild later but for now I think I can do this pretty cheap.

Later,

I've got an L6 header made by Electramostive that coudl handle duals. It's got twin pipes coming off of it into a merge that went on back. If you can find a header like that setting it up would be easier. The one I've got is for sale, along with the motors in the corner, but shipping something so bulky would be a PITA.

Yeah, a lot of places sell 6 into 2 headers and a collector that takes them into one, so dual would be simple, but routing them back seems like a lot of work. goto http://members.home.net/pparaska/index.htm its a V8Z, but theres a lot of good info on what went into his true dual exhaust though his doesn't exit like you want. one idea is to get the system ovaled, you don't lose any flow, but because the tubes are ovals they take up less space at least in height, so maybe you could avoid major body work.