HybridZ

Seats: 240z vs S2000

Icehound

• 11 months later...

Here are some photos of how the seats were mounted.

Cheers

Dave

That's a nice looking setup! I just picked up some S2000 seats and I've started trying to figure out the install. I think I'm going to try to dump the sliders and make a bracket to mount it to my 280zx sliders. Hopefully, I'll get it all figured out this evening. I'm ready to get some seats back in my car! :)

Edited by RomanLA

• 1 year later...

[quote name=Icehound" post="976955" time="1326695651"]Here are some photos of how the seats were mounted. Cheers Dave

Icehound - thank you for the pics, I used your installation as starting point for my design. Here are some pics of my install. I used 11 gauge steel for the plates. A full description of my install is at the following link. http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/interior-s30/48744-s2000-seat-swap-240z.html

post-36344-0-52177600-1362406855_thumb.jpg

post-36344-0-69144900-1362406869_thumb.jpg

Wow. At first, I didn't think 700$ was out of line...But I do now.

That's two flat plates of 11ga steel, looks about...cut out with a plasma cutter (took all of three minutes to draw them on and cut them out), edges cleaned up, holes drilled and powdered black.

For 700$.

The interior doesn't even look to have been disturbed at all! Surely for 700$ we're missing something. Even at 100$ an hour I'm seeing a 330-350$ job.

EDIT:

I don't mean to sound cheap...but really, if that's all there is to a professional shop mounting those seats into the car, I can't help but wonder how much of that is "restomod" tax...And Yes, Drax, I *HAVE* mounted seats into a Z, and gotten them positioned where they needed to be, and got the doors to close correctly without hitting them, or bumping the driver's head. I'm actually about to do it again, and I am quite familiar with how much time it *can* take to get them right! I just don't see a 700$ job there.

Edited by Xnke