HybridZ

tail lights piece

Guest mtj71Z

Guest mtj71Z

nah, not like that pic. they are 4 seperate lights. i saw it on a grey zcar. looks sort of like an old corvette tail light section?

Guest Anonymous

Hmm.. I think the ZR-1 tail lights are four seperate squares... They do look kinda like the Callaway tail lights though..

Tim

I've never seen a modification kit to change the tail panel, but looking at how its all put together, it doesn't look like it would be all that difficult to do a custom install. The hardest part (for me, anyway) would be frenching in the light buckets. I've thought about doing this to my Z, but I don't have the talent necessary to fabricate something like that.

"Funny, it looked so easy in the book..."

I'm almost 100% sure those were made. The lights you can get from a trailer or truck parts place; even JC Whitney would have them for sale. The old rear Datsun panel was taken out (get those rivets out!) along with the tail lights, and a fiberglass or sheetmetal piece was fabbed to fit in the rear of the car. Holes were drilled for the new generic (but good looking) tail lights, they were all mounted and voila! A whole new look with not much time or energy.

The Arizona Z car website has a "roadrace" tail section that incorporates round tail lights, but it is expensive. You can fab this yourself fairly easily if you take your time.

David

Guest Anonymous

I believe the C4 vette had the round lenses if memory serves before the squared Z1 type lenses became the norm. Probably could get those at your local dealer (ouch!!!!!!) or maybe a dismantler.

Regards,

Lone