HybridZ

New Gnose... Lots of work ahead of me!!!

Mikelly

Well I got the Gnose from Georgia and it was pulled from a mold and mountedon a car, and unfortunately had been dropped and cracked in several places... I'm gonna fix the cracks and then I need to decide If I'm gonna pull a mold for a Jig of this unit. I will probably do it just to see what happens, but Man it looks like work! I went ahead and hung one of the steel fenders and the nose on it, and it comes close to lining up, so it should work out well. Pics to come soon...

Mike icon_rolleyes.gif

Congrats Mike on your purchase; I cant wait to see your car when finished (as if?).

BTW: when I watched a NASCAR/Truck race the other day I noticed how their front air dam came around the lower fender & wrapped in front of the tires all the way in front of the tire & to the sides of the tires ever so slightly....have you thought of this?

Just thinking out loud/throwing ideas your way.

Kevin,

(Yea,Still an Inliner)

If you look over on arizonazcar.com and look at their yellow Z with the Gnose and wide body kit, I think the way they rounded the spoiler around on that car is exactly how I want mine to wrap, and then an adjustable splitter under that...

Mike icon_cool.gif

Guest Anonymous

Mike, I didn't really get a good look the other night when you were here, but if you have any big cracks it would be wise to hang the nose on the fenders when you repair the cracks. I'm sure you probably know this but I thought I'd make sure.

Chin splitters... Basically a flat sheet of carbon fiber or any other material, that bolts to the bottm of the air damn, with a sharp edge forwards. It 'cuts' the air, forcing some under, and some over it, but doesn't allow it to creep from above the splitter to back under like a stock air dam would. Basically it reduces the amount of air flowing under the car slightly, thus giving lower pressure under the car, and thus creating downforce. (slightly)

Guest Anonymous

I believe Chin splitters were developed in a part of a country that had a abundance of Chinchella's. Animal rights activists were aghast at people crushing them with the tires because sometimes they died an agonizing slow death, so in an effort to make they're eminent death more palatable they sharpened a strip of metal on the bottom of they spoilers and since the heads of the chinchella's were split from they're bodies, it was shorted to chin splitters (works on squirrels and other small animals too..).. icon_rolleyes.gif

Regards,

Lone