HybridZ

Selling the Front End this weekend...

Mikelly

Well it seems that I'll be getting rid of the MAS products fiberglass front end this weekend...At a loss. The reason I'm selling it cheap is to make room in the garage for space to work on control arms, fiberglass stuff and my project car...

On a sidenote, I'm working out the particulars with one of our own members to setup a side project to develope and sell fiberglass parts in 2002. More news to follow!

Mike icon_cool.gif

guilty as charged!!!!!!!!!! I am the guy that backed out. Sorry mike icon_sad.gif Murphy's law took over. So now I have a wrecked truck, AND i don't have a glass front end. I hope you can understand my situation. I hope you aren't too ticked off at me. I really wanted that thing.

Sorry, David icon_sad.gificon_sad.gificon_sad.gif

David, Don't sweat it man... I was more looking for the space in the garage than getting rid of it, however, the extra few bucks is also nice...

Well I guess I'll let the cat OUT OF THE BAG.... Jamie T. and I will most likely be forming a little business venture molding fiberglass. This little venture will start in earnest after the wedding, as I plan to funnel about $1000 from ZF Racing towards supplies for forming fiberglass molds. Hopefully all will go well with these plans, and although Jamie and I have spoken about this, this is the first official word of this plan!

Looking forward to working with Jamie on these parts...including the front end.. So David, don't sweat it, hopefully we will have several more front end styles to sell in the near future!

Mike icon_biggrin.gif

Yeah no doubt clint! That thing was awesome... Lets see if I can find the picture of it...

OK here it is. http://www.zcar.com/forums/read.php?f=4&i=16970&t=16970 That is the discussion about it at zcar.com. Unfortuantely zdriver.com is hosting the picture and they've been down for the last few days... as you can see there is a big market for it. icon_smile.gif

One fiberglass item that sparked a big intrest, was that guy from zcar.com had posted a supra front air dam on the Zcar. He was from England and shipping would have been way too much. I thought the spoiler looked amazing, but couldn't find the picture again. I think these would go like hot cakes, perhaps some bolt on flaires everyone likes so much.

Guest BadKarmaCreepin

so if you didn't sell the fiberglass front end(air dam), then you still have it correct? if so, SELL IT TO ME!!! i just got back with my Z and it goes to the body shop this week, and i was looking for a front air dam to bolt on there. thanks.

dan

Scottie-GNZ posted that pic way back. I still like it and think it would look very mean with some big meats and flares. At some point I'm going to experiment with fiberglass and make something that looks like that. I have nothing to lose except time and a little money.

Davy

Guest JAMIE T

Cool, That air dam is sweet. I think I remember seeing it awhile back. I think(Mike and I spoke briefly about this) we will pull molds off my ZG flares also, they appear to be of good quality. My car also has a steep rear spoiler that is a 3 piece design of unknown origin. It though, doesn't fit all that well, and I have taken it off(it bolts on) to try and re-fit it on the car. I have already started on a set of door panels made of fiberglass that keep the shape of the stock panals and will be covered with vinyl. At first glance they will look stock. The cool thing about this is I can add custom speaker build-outs for a tweeter and a midbass, and can be molded in to look like it was born there. I will take some pics of the unfinished parts so you can see how they will attach(they will still use the factory metal(top) half of the door panel). Keep the ideas coming, I like the Supra air dam alot. http://communities.msn.com/JamiesZPage/jamieszcarphotos.msnw

Jamie

Deathstar

[ July 27, 2001: Message edited by: JAMIE T ]