HybridZ

ZZ's 72 240Z

Trying to get the brakes done, but I keep running into little problems here and there. Now I need to find some hard lines that are pre-flared and ready for bending.

On a side note I tore out the sound deadening. It came out really easy, I just had to pull it off with my hands. Here's some pics...

post-9789-12749219109179_thumb.jpg

post-9789-1274921905696_thumb.jpg

The passenger side was expected because I could see it before I bought the car. However, the driver side wasn't, but it's not that bad. It will at least last me for a little while until I can afford to replace them.

And here's a pic of the car sitting now...

post-9789-12749218475297_thumb.jpg

Leon - Thanks for the links, but that was much more than I wanted to spend at the moment. I ended up buying 2 20" preflared lines from o'reillys for 11$ ;)

Modern - Thanks! Up close the rust starts to show, but I'm happy with it for now. I would like to wash it though. :rolleyes:

Is there anything I should do for the floors temporarily? I plan on fixing up the rust and other chassis things this fall, but I'm not sure if something should be done about it now.

I'll get some pictures soon of the new brake parts in.

Leon - Thanks for the links, but that was much more than I wanted to spend at the moment. I ended up buying 2 20" preflared lines from o'reillys for 11$ ;)

Modern - Thanks! Up close the rust starts to show, but I'm happy with it for now. I would like to wash it though. :rolleyes:

Is there anything I should do for the floors temporarily? I plan on fixing up the rust and other chassis things this fall, but I'm not sure if something should be done about it now.

I'll get some pictures soon of the new brake parts in.

Cool, I didn't even realize stores carry pre-flared lines! Good luck!

Edited by Leon

• 3 weeks later...

I went with single flare because it was all I could get. So far everything looks fine and I get good pedal feel. I'm hoping it will last long enough so I can do it right later.

post-9789-12768198857339_thumb.jpg

Today I started messing with electrical stuff. I couldn't get the starter to work so I took it apart and cleaned it up. It still didn't work so I took it to o'reilys to test it and it works fine. The only thing different between their test and mine was that I used my positive battery cable and they didn't. I think that cable is corroded so I'll take it apart and remake it.

post-9789-12768197317118_thumb.jpg

I cleaned up the positive cable and now that works great. Today I took off the alternator and took it in to test it. It was only making 10 amps so I started taking in apart and it is very dirty. Hopefully it will work better after a little cleaning!

Also I decided I am going to pull out the a/c unit. It doesn't seem to cool anything and I don't want the extra weight.

More pics soon...

Edited by doublez

Took an alternator out of the junkyard and of course it doesn't work <_<

I think I'll just buy a reman.

I started pulling emissions stuff off today. I think it looks a lot cleaner and I doubt it would have worked very well because some of the lines were cracked.

All I have is a before picture right now. I should have an after picture tomorrow.

post-9789-061465100 1277338734_thumb.jpg

What is this? (the nipple thing, this is the front left of the car) Can I get rid of it?

post-9789-027897200 1277338336_thumb.jpg

My gas tank is forming this residue on the bottom. I think I have a leak, but I'm not to worried about that; what I am worried about is what else is happening. This red stuff is coming out of the tank. The PO had the tank refurbished and the inside was lined with this red stuff (felt like soft rubber).

I took a fuel line off after the pump and cranked the car to collect some fuel. I collected about a cup and it had a really faint red tint. Is this bad for my pump/carbs/engine? Was I supposed to do something to treat the inside lining?

Edited by doublez