HybridZ

So heres my 1st Z !!

So here she is. I paid 1400 bucks for it. Plus $500 to paint it, unfortunately I wasted my time and money with that. I gotta take the guy to court to get some of my money back. Anyways its a 1973 240z with an l28et and 4 speed swap already done and wired. I dont know what size turbo is on it, I was thinking stock but its rediculously fast.I couldnt get it to go into gear and dont have a license so I was going to sell it for $1500. SO GLAD I DIDNT.I replaced a clutch hose and the slave cylinder, both only $30. The blow off valve was an HKS knockoff and toasted causing it to surge like crazy hitting 2nd. Also it was causing the boost gauge to create 10 psi vaccum. So I ordered a TurboXS H-RFL bov, supposed to be loud. Also I got an MSD HVC nascar ignition box supposed to be twice as good as a 6al. Also I got an MSD HVC coil, and 8.8mm Accel plug wires, NGK plugs. Its got a fuel pump out of a 98 Mustang and a homemade fuel cell wired to a switch. I also just bought a fiberglass hood, hinges, glass fenders, hatch, shock. I gotta go take them off tomorrow.

post-11096-12698411410748_thumb.jpg

post-11096-12698412002878_thumb.jpg

post-11096-12698412694573_thumb.jpg

post-11096-12698413172441_thumb.jpg

Welcome!

Maybe this is more for my benefit then yours, but remember this post. After a few years come back and read it. I've done this a few times on some of my first posts. You will get a great big laugh at yourself. Not bashing and mean no harm.

Like I said welcome, read, hangout and get to wrenching!

Is that a cement anchor screw holding the arm rest on?

So here she is. I paid 1400 bucks for it. Plus $500 to paint it, unfortunately I wasted my time and money with that. I gotta take the guy to court to get some of my money back. Anyways its a 1973 240z with an l28et and 4 speed swap already done and wired. I dont know what size turbo is on it, I was thinking stock but its rediculously fast.I couldnt get it to go into gear and dont have a license so I was going to sell it for $1500. SO GLAD I DIDNT.I replaced a clutch hose and the slave cylinder, both only $30. The blow off valve was an HKS knockoff and toasted causing it to surge like crazy hitting 2nd. Also it was causing the boost gauge to create 10 psi vaccum. So I ordered a TurboXS H-RFL bov, supposed to be loud. Also I got an MSD HVC nascar ignition box supposed to be twice as good as a 6al. Also I got an MSD HVC coil, and 8.8mm Accel plug wires, NGK plugs. Its got a fuel pump out of a 98 Mustang and a homemade fuel cell wired to a switch. I also just bought a fiberglass hood, hinges, glass fenders, hatch, shock. I gotta go take them off tomorrow.

The frames got some surface rust but the drivers floor is about 75% gone and just got a piece of sheetmetal in it right now to get by haha. The pass floor was pretty gone too, its got some patches in it too. Not too too worried bout that because i plan on making a roll bar and welding some new patches in it.

post-11096-1269873885455_thumb.jpg

Looks like a good start...except for your comment on the frame rail and floor rust...hope its not too bad.

Where are you in Virginia? I'm in Northern VA...I've always been interested to go for a ride in a turbocharged S30. Never have had the opportunity to.

I think Ima keep the 4 speed unless something blows on it. I just wanna get the bugs worked out. Mainly its just the blow off valve, upgrading to msd hvs 6600 ignition and coil with 8.8mm wires. Then Im going to make sure its not surging anymore. With these parts it should take care of it no problem and give me way more power but not over-do it. Its going to be a weekend sleeper to make some quick cash =) that is until everyone sees it and is afraid to run me lol. Before I take it out I gotta get my license back. But Im going to be busy putting my front clip on and the hatch, and tie rods then I should have it back and ready to go have fun.

Im in Roanoke.

Edited by ZPIT U OUT