HybridZ

Tranny swap

Delasangre4231

Hey guys. Finally got the tranny swapped out. Huge list of stuff done at the same time.

Replaced tranny, new clutch kit, resurfaced flywheel, new clutch slave, stainless braided clutch hose, new starter, new rear main, new clutch fork pin and spring and dust boots.

Anyways, I drove home and got a very slight amount of smoke and burning oil smell from under the car. I figured its normal as oily hands touch stuff, and I'll be checking fluid levels weekly for a while and watching for oil spots.

Are there any spots prone to leaking when doing something like this?

I just did a transmission swap 2 weeks ago and I noticed that it smelled and burned some oil immediately after. It's because I put a greasy hand on the exhaust pipe. After it burned off, all was well. I'm sure all of the smells that you're getting will go away very soon.

Well I drove 20 miles and in the rain home from the shop and it was smoking when I got there. Its probably going to go away after a few days but I plan to check out the fluids to be safe. There was a drop or two of oil along the driveway that looks to have dripped out as I pulled in so I really wanna check it.